We know from our experience that "out the box" garden studios are not what you have in mind. That's why we created our Signature Studio range.
I'm Pete Cossie, owner of Contemporary Log Living and if you want some friendly advice on how to add an outdoor studio for work, rest or play, simply send us your details via the Contact Us page and I'll get back to you ASAP. In most cases Signature Studios Do Not Require Planning Permission
Most Of Our SIGNATURE STUDIOS Do Not Require Planning Permission, How Great Is That!?
Our Signature Garden Studios Are Custom Built To Your Exact Needs, Size And Specification
"One of the fastest growing sectors right now is video marketing, gaming & YouTube production. Our Signature Studios make the perfect YouTube studio. *And when it's not in use, why not rent it out to other business owners on a daily rate?"
Built In Exactly The Same Way As Our Signature Annexes, Our Signature Studios Are Perfect For:-
- Home offices / working from home
- Hobby or Craft Rooms
- Media Rooms or a Home Cinema
- Man Caves
- She Dens
- Home Salon / Therapy / Treatment Salon
- Games Rooms
- Swim Spas
- Home Gyms
- Teenage Dens
- Guest Rooms (with or without a shower room)
- Yoga Studios
- Outdoor Leisure & Entertaining
- YouTube Video creation studio
- Podcast Studio
- Photography Studios & more ...
Signature Studios And Planning Permission
Timber garden studios, sheds or outbuildings are subject to planning permission rules, however as a general rule unless it to be used as a self-contained unit, the vast majority do not require planning permission.
Provided you adhere to certain guidelines with regards to the height and position of your building, you will typically come under permitted development and not require planning permission.
Our Signature Studios are considered to be Permitted Development that do not require planning permission provided that:-
- The building is sited less than 2.0 metres from the boundary of the property.
- Has a maximum height of less than 2.5 metres from the existing ground level.
- We can advise you of everything you need to know on our free on site consultation service.
If the building is to be sited more than 2.0 metres from the boundary of the property and is single storey, you can have a maximum eaves height of 2.5 metres (which is a maximum overall height of 4.0 metres for a pitched roof and 3.0 metres for a pent roof.
For more details about planning permission for outbuildings of this type click here to visit the Planning Portal.
Permitted development is something you can find out more about on the Planning Portal, there's a great PDF that covers what you need to know here (Information From The Planning Portal) but essentially you can build a single-storey extension to your home without planning permission provided certain criteria and conditions are met.
External Cladding Choices - Timber
Our external cladding choices are extensive with a choice of both timber finishes and low maintenance cement based weather board.
With all timber finishes you can choose to maintain the look of the natural colour of your wood finish with a clear stain finish or you can always change the colour over time by choosing a different colour or stain finish. We recommend re-applying a preserving stain to your Signature Studio every 2-3 years.
TIMBER CLADDING FINISHES:-
- British Cedar (above)
- Burnt Cedar
External Cladding Choices - Low Maintenance Weatherboard
Low Maintenance Cement Based Cladding Finish:-
- Marley Cedral Weatherboard in a variety of colours (see below)
Glass & Glazing Options
Most people choose floor to ceiling glazing options for their Signature Studios for maximum light and a modern, clean lines look.
Aluminium Bi-fold doors are also a popular choice to open up the entire space when the Spring / Summer & Autumn weather allows.
You can choose whatever combination suits your Signature Studio in the same way as you would an annexe.:-
- Patio / Sliding Doors
- French doors
- Long modern floor to ceiling windows
- Doors & windows as required
- Obscure glass for a shower room if required.
Example of a
Example shown dimensions:-
8.4m x 4.8m (26' x 16')
External cladding British Cedar, includes shower room with toilet & vanity unit for home office with storage and bathroom.
Example shown cost:-
£32,269.00 (including vat @ 20%)
*Smaller models start from around £15,000 complete.
What's Included With Your Signature Studio?
Each Signature Studio is individually designed to suit you, your garden and where we can your budget. However as a general guide your Signature Studio includes:-
- Delivery And Installation Of Your Signature Garden Studio
- Groundworks With Concrete Post Style Foundations
- External Cladding Either British Cedar, Larch or Oak (untreated) or Low Maintenance Cement Based Cladding
- UPVC Windows and Doors In White, or Anthracite Grey on white all class "A"
- Flat roof EDPM covered (guaranteed for 25 years)
- Guttering and down pipes
- Gravel finish and membrane around studio
- Internal wall cladding in a choice of colours
- Laminate flooring from our range throughout
- Skirting, Architraves and Window Boards (where applicable)
- Electric panel heating with individual controls
- Ceiling mounted LED lighting throughout
- White or chrome surface mounted double sockets and light switches for all electrics
- All Electrics and Lighting installed throughout (dimmer controls switches where required)
- Full design input for every customer
That Extra Lifestyle Space You've Always Wanted Is Closer Than You Think
SIGNATURE STUDIOS by Contemporary Log Living offer you a unique way to extend you living space, provide the perfect working environment, provide you with a studio where you can easily start a part-time business or swap Business Rates and commute time for a permanent work from home office.
Whether it's for work, rest or play, our Signature Studio range is tailor-made for you. Why not drop us an email, give us a call or message us on Facebook with what you have in mind. We'd love to help you in anyway we can.