This Policy applies as between you, the User of this Website and Contemporary Log Living the provider of this Website. This Policy applies to our use of any and all Data collected by us in relation to your use of the Website.
- Definitions and Interpretation
In this Policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
“data” means collectively all information that you submit to Contemporary Log Living via the Website. This definition shall, where applicable, incorporate the definitions provided in the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR);
“cookie” means a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in Clause 12;
“Contemporary Log Living” means Contemporary Log Living ,(a trading name of Creative Online Marketing Limited) of Grove House, Shifnal, Shropshire TF11 9BW
“UK and EU Cookie Law” means the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;
“User” means any third party that accesses the Website and is not employed by Contemporary Log Living and acting in the course of their employment; and
“website” means the website that you are currently using https://contemporarylogliving.com
Scope of this Policy
This Policy applies only to the actions of Contemporary Log Living and Users with respect to this Website. It does not extend to any websites that can be accessed from this Website including, but not limited to, any links we may provide to social media websites.
- Data Collected
Without limitation, any of the following Data may be collected by this Website from time to time:
- date of birth;
- job title;
- contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- demographic information such as post code, preferences and interests;
- IP address (automatically collected);
- web browser type and version (automatically collected);
- operating system (automatically collected);
- a list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on this Website, and the site you exit to (automatically collected).
- Our Use of Data
- Any personal Data you submit will be retained by Contemporary Log Living until it no longer serves the purpose that it was collected for.
- Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to Clause 5, your Data will not be disclosed to third parties.
- All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the GDPR. For more details on security see Clause 11 below.
- Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping;
- improvement of our products / services;
- transmission by email of promotional materials that may be of interest to you;
- contact for market research purposes which may be done using email, telephone, or mail. Such information may be used to customise or update the Website.
- Third Party Websites and Services
- Contemporary Log Living may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with matters that may include, but are not limited to, payment processing, delivery of purchased items, search engine facilities, advertising and marketing. The providers of such services have access to certain personal Data provided by Users of this Website.
- Any Data used by such parties is used only to the extent required by them to perform the services that Contemporary Log Living requests. Any use for other purposes is strictly prohibited. Furthermore, any Data that is processed by third parties shall be processed within the terms of this Policy and in accordance with the GDPR.
- Links to Other Websites
- Changes of Business Ownership and Control
- Contemporary Log Living may, from time to time, expand or reduce our business and this may involve the sale and/or the transfer of control of all or part of Contemporary Log Living. Data provided by Users will, where it is relevant to any part of our business so transferred, be transferred along with that part and the new owner or newly controlling party will, under the terms of this Policy, be permitted to use the Data for the purposes for which it was originally supplied to us.
- In the event that any Data submitted by Users is to be transferred in such a manner, you will not be contacted in advance and informed of the changes.
- Controlling Use of Your Data
- Wherever you are required to submit Data, you will be given options to restrict our use of that Data. This may include the use of Data for direct marketing purposes/
- Your Right to Withhold Information
- You may access the majority of our Website without providing any Data at all. However, to use all features and functions available on the Website you may be required to submit certain Data.
- Accessing your own Data
You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal Data held by Contemporary Log Living (where such data is held) either verbally or in writing. Contemporary Log Living will respond to this request within 30 days.
- Data security is of importance to Contemporary Log Living and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected via this Website. Specifically, we use a Firewall on our router, antivirus software and various WordPress security plugins to protect website data.
- All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
- Certain features of the Website depend upon Cookies to function. UK and EU Cookie Law deems these Cookies to be “strictly necessary”. These Cookies are shown below. Your consent will not be sought to place these Cookies. You may still block these cookies by changing your internet browser’s settings as detailed below.
- This Website places the following Cookies:
|Name of Cookie||Purpose||Strictly Necessary|
|Cookie||Warn users of data collection.||yes|
- This Website uses analytics services provided by Google Analytics. Website analytics refers to a set of tools used to collect and analyse usage statistics, enabling us to better understand how Users use the Website. This, in turn, enables us to improve the Website and the products and services offered through it. You do not have to allow us to use these Cookies, as detailed above, however whilst our use of them does not pose any risk to your privacy or your safe use of the Website it does enable us to continually improve our business.
- The analytics services used by this Website use standard Cookies within Google Analytics. For a full breakdown of cookies collected by Google Analytics please follow this link: https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage
- You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. Most internet browsers also enable you to choose whether you wish to disable all cookies or only third-party cookies. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
- You can choose to delete Cookies at any time, however, you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
- It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
Cookies & Retargeting
- Google Adwords
- Facebook Adverts
- Mailchimp Email Marketing
This website utilises the online advertising program “Google AdWords” and the conversion tracking within the framework of Google AdWords. The conversion-tracking cookie is set on your browser, if you click on an ad delivered by Google. Cookies are small text files, which the internet browser places on your browser. These cookies lose their validity after 30 days. Cookies are not used to acquire personal identification data. If the user visits a certain page of this website and if the cookie has not yet expired, Google and Evolution International Ltd will be able to tell that the user clicked on the ad and was forwarded to this page. Each Google AdWords client receives a different cookie. Thus, cookies cannot be tracked via the website of AdWords clients. The information collected by the conversion cookies are used to provide aggregate conversion statistics to AdWord clients who have opted-in for conversion tracking. Clients are informed about the total number of users who clicked on the ad and were forwarded to a conversion tracking tag page. However, they do not get any information enabling them to identify users personally. If you do not want to participate in the tracking program, you can refuse the use of this program by easily deactivating the google conversion-tracking cookie via your internet browser through the user settings. In this case, you will not be included in the conversion tracking statistics. Further information concerning Google data privacy can be found at: https://www.google.co.uk/intl/en-GB/policies/privacy/
In addition to this, this website uses retargeting technology of Google Inc. (“Google”). This technology enables us to target visitors of our website with interest-based ads who already have shown interest in our shop and in our products. The ads are displayed by using a cookie-based analysis of the previous usage data. Personal data will not be stored. In the case of retargeting technology, a cookie will be stored on your computer or your mobile devices in order to collect anonymized date about your interests and adapt ads specifically according to the stored information. Cookies are small text files stored on your computer or your mobile devices. They help us to display ads, which are most likely to correspond to your product and information interests. You may permanently refuse the setting of cookies for advertisement purposes by downloading and installing the browser plug-in using the following link: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/onweb/
This website collects cookies via a ‘Facebook Pixel’. We use this pixel to gather insights, measurements and recommendations to increase the relevancy of our marketing campaigns for the end user.
As our cookie message bar states cookies are collected to give the user the best, most relevant experience. We apply the “Facebook Pixel” of Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA (“Facebook”) within our presence on the internet. By doing so, users’ behaviour can be tracked after they have seen or clicked on a Facebook ad. This technique is designed to evaluate the impact of Facebook ads for statistical and market research purposes and may help to optimize future advertising activities.
Mailchimp Email Marketing
As part of the registration process to gain access to our Newsletter, or any of our free downloads or offers, we collect your name and email address. We do that so we can send you the information you asked for or to contact you if we need to provide additional information, to check our records are right and to check every now and again if you are happy and satisfied with the information, offers, events and discounts we share with our subscribers.
We use a third-party called, Mailchimp to deliver our Newsletter and email ecourses. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our e-newsletter.
For more information please see Mailchimp’s privacy notice. You can unsubscribe at any time using the simple link at the bottom of the email or send your request to our data protection officer, email@example.com
- Changes to this Policy
Contemporary Log Living reserves the right to change this Policy as we may deem necessary from time to time or as may be required by law. Any changes will be immediately posted on the Website and you are deemed to have accepted the terms of the Policy on your first use of the Website following the alterations.
Updated as of October 2019