The EDEN L-SHAPE CUSTOM ANNEXE
Getting To Know The Story Behind The EDEN
The EDEN is so called after the first two initials of each of our customer’s parents first names were combined. (EDward & ENid)
The result is this little oasis in a garden in Essex where it enjoys golf course views and is adjacent to the main family home.
The EDEN was a design based on our customer’s exact requirements and included a porch area with a composite front door to add to that “cottage style” annexe they wanted.
As this was a Spring / Summer build it was September before they put the log burner on for the first time before realising that it was far too hot and had to fling open all the doors and windows! (Annexes are very well insulated buildings so perhaps invest in an electric log effect burner instead of a real log burner as chances are you’ll never use it)
See below for more details and remember our custom annexes are as individual as you are.
- Flat Or Pitched Roof Styles available with a choice of EDPM (flat roofs) or roof tiles (pitched roofs)
- Canopies and porches available at a cost per metre.
- Wide Choice of Contemporary Or Traditional style kitchens.
- Double glazed PVCu windows in a range of colours & finishes.
- Integrated appliances included depends on the final specification and size but include Ceramic Hob, Single Oven, Dishwasher, Microwave & Fridge/Freezer whenever possible.
- External cladding options including low maintenance cement based weatherboard or traditional timber finishes, Larch, Cedar or Oak.
- Steps or small decked area to all main doors included as standard.
- Electrics, power points, LED down lights & controllable electric radiator style heating.
- Wide choice of laminate flooring to main areas and vinyl click to bathrooms & kitchens.
- Built to Building Regulations standards and include a full 10 Year Builders Warranty.
- Build on site custom annexes require Planning Permission if someone is going to live in the annexe.
- We will apply for the relevant permission on your behalf and deal with all the correspondence with your Local Planning Authority.
- We Have Extensive Planning Experience In Both Building Annexes On Site ( Householder Planning Permission) And With Mobile Homes Built To Comply With The Caravan Act. (see our Residential Mobile Homes for Caravan Act ready mobile annexes.)
- *Please be sure to talk to annexe experts such as ourselves before you submit anything to your Local Planning Authority as no two LPA’s deal with annexes in exactly the same way.
- Some have restrictions in place that would rule out an on-site build completely, others are very open to the idea of embracing the social, economic and sustainable aspect of multi-generation living as outlined within the National Planning Policy.
The Custom Option To Building An Annexe In Back Your Garden
We will apply for Planning Permission on your behalf based on what we advise during our free on site consultation service.
We have a very high success rate of obtaining Planning Permission that spans over 35 years in the construction industry.
10 Year Warranty
All our build on site custom annexes come with a 10 Year Builders Warranty as standard.
Roofing carries a 25 year manufacturer’s warranty. All windows & doors are “A” rated and all electrical goods carry manufacturer’s guarantees just as you expect in a new home.
Prices Vary With Final Specification
The final cost of your custom build will depend on a large number of factors ranging from the type of build (timber-frame or SIPS, flat or pitched roof) to the final specification of all internal and external finishes.
Most of our custom annexes cost in the region of £85,000 to £130,000
Contemporary Log Living
Contemporary Log Living are specialists in residential & commercial annexes and lodges designed for year round residential living.
We offer custom build, turn-key services for residential customers and guest lodge business packages for commercial use that includes our exclusive sales & marketing service.
© 2011-2020 Contemporary Log Living is a trading style of Creative Online Marketing Limited. Registered in England & Wales 09033393 | Office at Grove House, Shifnal TF11 9BW.
Latest From The Blog
Garden Annex Living - A Whole New Adventure For Many This stunning L-shaped garden annex in Newcastle-Under-Lyme is one of our latest Custom Build On Site annexe installations. Planning permission for this lovely garden annex was quite straight forward although there...
Join Our Newsletter