TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Definitions and Interpretation
|“Cookie”means a small file placed on your computer or device by Our Site when you visit certain parts of Our Site and/or when you use certain features of Our Site;|
|“Cookie Law” means the relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 and of EU Regulation 2016/679 General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”);|
|” Personal Data”means any and all data that relates to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified from that data, as defined by EU Regulation 2016/679 General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”)|
|“We/Us/Our” Means Contemporary Log Living Annexes Ltd a company registered in England under 11965217, whose registered address is Grove House, Shifnal TF11 9BW and whose main trading address is Grove House, Shifnal TF11 9BW .|
- Information About Us
- Our Site, https://contemporarylogliving.com , is owned and operated by Contemporary Log Living Annexes Ltd , a limited company registered in England under 11965217 , whose registered address is Grove House, Shifnal TF11 9BW and whose main trading address is Grove House, Shifnal TF11 9BW .
- Our Data Protection Officer is Diane Cossie, and can be contacted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by telephone on 01952 460658.
- By using Our Site, you may also receive certain third party Cookies on your computer or device. Third party Cookies are those placed by websites, services, and/or parties other than Us. Third party Cookies are used on Our Site for For more details, please refer to section 4 below.
- All Cookies used by and on Our Site are used in accordance with current Cookie Law. We may use some or all of the following types of Cookie:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies
What Are Cookies?
How Do We Use Information We Collect from Cookies?
A Cookie falls into this category if it is essential to the operation of Our Site, supporting functions such as logging in, your shopping basket, and payment transactions.
- Analytics Cookies
It is important for Us to understand how you use Our Site, for example, how efficiently you are able to navigate around it, and what features you use. Analytics Cookies enable us to gather this information, helping Us to improve Our Site and your experience of it.
When you make your way around www.contemporarylogliving.com we use a third party service called Google Analytics to help us see the behaviour patterns of our visitors. We do this to find things out, such as the number of visitors to various parts of our site and find our which blog posts and pages are the most popular. This information is processed in a way that does not identify anyone, it’s a sea of numbers only. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of our website visitors.
- Functionality Cookies
Functionality Cookies enable Us to provide additional functions to you on Our Site such as personalisation and remembering your saved preferences. Some functionality Cookies may also be strictly necessary Cookies, but not all necessarily fall into that category.
- Targeting Cookies
It is important for Us to know when and how often you visit Our Site, and which parts of it you have used (including which pages you have visited and which links you have visited). As with analytics Cookies, this information helps us to better understand you and, in turn, to make Our Site and advertising more relevant to your interests.
Facebook Conversion and Tracking Pixels
Facebook provides a snippet of coding that is added to this website. We utilize the Conversion Tracking Pixel service of Facebook Inc, 1601 California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA (“Facebook”). This tool allows us to “follow” visitors to this website for up to 30 days. (This is why you see websites you have visited recently reappear on other sites. We only ever use this to measure the efficiency of any Facebook advertising, events or promotions we may run as a business. The data collected is anonymous, we do not know from it who you are. This means we cannot see any personal data of any individual visitor. However, the collected data is saved and processed by Facebook. We are drawing your attention to this as it relevant information at this time. Facebook is able to connect the data with your Facebook account and use the data for their own advertising purposes, in accordance with Facebook’s Data Use Policy found under: https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/. Facebook Conversion Tracking also allows Facebook and its partners to show you advertisements on and outside Facebook. In addition, a cookie will be saved onto your computer for these purposes.
Only users over 13 years of age may give their permission. If you are younger than this age, please consult your legal guardians.
Please click here if you would like to revoke your permission:
Facebook Custom Audiences
We also use a snippet of Java script code that is incorporated into some of our web pages which provides a series of functions for our own marketing and re marketing purposes. We use custom audience pixels to record data about the way visitors use our website. For this reason each of our web pages that we use in conjunction with any Facebook advertising campaigns, events or promotions we run contains a custom audience pixel.
This pixel retains information about the user’s browser session, which it sends to Facebook, along with a hashed version of the Facebook ID and the URL viewed (which indicates what you were interested in when you visited this website_. Every Facebook user has a unique device-independent Facebook ID that allows us to recognize users across a range of devices using the Facebook social network. This assists us in our marketing and target marketing purposes using Facebook Ads. The user information will be deleted after 180 days or less until the user visits our website again. No personal information about individual visitors to this websites are ever collected or disclosed to us during this process. We will only ever advertise to highly targeted and interested potential customers using the Facebook Custom Audiences pixel.
- Third Party Cookies
Third party Cookies are not placed by Us; instead, they are placed by third parties that provide services to Us and/or to you. Third party Cookies may be used by advertising services to serve up tailored advertising to you on Our Site, or by third parties providing analytics services to Us (these Cookies will work in the same way as analytics Cookies described above).]
- Persistent Cookies
Any of the above types of Cookie may be a persistent Cookie. Persistent Cookies are those which remain on your computer or device for a predetermined period and are activated each time you visit Our Site.
- Session Cookies
Any of the above types of Cookie may be a session Cookie. Session Cookies are temporary and only remain on your computer or device from the point at which you visit Our Site until you close your browser. Session Cookies are deleted when you close your browser.
- Cookies on Our Site are not permanent and will expire after 30 days.
- Our Site uses analytics services provided by Google Analytics and Facebook and Google Adwords advertising. Website analytics refers to a set of tools used to collect and analyse anonymous usage information, enabling Us to better understand how Our Site is used. This, in turn, enables Us to improve Our Site and the range of products and services offered through it. You do not have to allow Us to use these Cookies, however whilst Our use of them does not pose any risk to your privacy or your safe use of Our Site, it does enable Us to continually improve Our Site, making it a better and more useful experience for you.
- Consent and Control
- Before Cookies are placed on your computer or device, you will be shown a pop up banner requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies you are enabling Us to provide the best possible experience and service to you.
- You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies unless those Cookies are strictly necessary; however certain features of Our Site may not function fully or as intended. You will be given the opportunity to allow and/or deny different categories of Cookie that We use.
- In addition to the controls that We provide, you can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. Most internet browsers also enable you to choose whether you wish to disable all Cookies or only third party Cookies. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser or the documentation that came with your device.
- The links below provide instructions on how to control Cookies in all mainstream browsers:
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en-GB
- Microsoft Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/278835
- Microsoft Edge: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/products/microsoft-edge (Please note that there are no specific instructions at this time, but Microsoft support will be able to assist)
- Safari (macOS): https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411?viewlocale=en_GB&locale=en_GB
- Safari (iOS): https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201265
- Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-Cookies-website-preferences
- Android: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid&hl=en (Please refer to your device’s documentation for manufacturers’ own browsers)
- Further Information